Tuesday, July 7, 2020

A new life

I've been playing with the idea of starting up the ole blog again. Now, when I should probably be focusing on writing other things (dissertation, projects, applications, etc.). Still, I've always found this version of screaming into the void a tad bit more appealing. At least the stakes are lower. Since my last post, I have:


  • gone through numerous cycles of executive (dys)function
  • seriously considered quitting my PhD 
  • Published an article 
  • Submitted the first article from my PhD to a journal
  • Submitted an co-authored article to a journal...only to have it rejected
  • Resubmitted said article
  • MOVED TO VANCOUVER 
  • witnessed the world going through the early phases of what will most likely be (at least) a year-long pandemic
  • Seen the people of the country where I happened to be born collectively mobilize because people that look like me can and continue to be murdered by the police with impunity
  • started dealing with the mental health repercussions of those last two things
  • extended my stay in Vancouver until December
  • not worked as much as I should have
  • Eaten a lot
  • tried to work out because I have the time
  • experienced yet another debilitating back problem
  • stopped working out
  • bought a number of video games to try and escape

So now, I guess I'm using this blog to process. Not entirely sold on the format, but I think it might be good for me to get back into the regular habit of a kind of writing that doesn't make me feel incapable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment